ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
St. Gabriel's Church was built on the site of the former gas
plant, demolished in 1932-1933. It was not until 1938 that
Saint-Gabriel was established as an independent parish of
his parish-mother, the Immaculate Conception.
Masses with organ
Saturday at 6:30 p.m.,
Sunday at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
The instrument was built by the brothers Chrétien and
Laurent Steinmetz of Herrlisheim (67) in 1982. Its design is
inspired by the Alsatian aesthetic typical of this period. As the
financial resources were limited, the construction was made
at a low price, using materials of various origins: an
important part comes from a late Cavaillé-Coll salon organ
that would have belonged to Marcel Dupré; pipes were
recovered from the previous organ of the church; other
materials of varying provenance and uneven quality have
also been reused.
In 2006, the instrument was restored by the Klais Firm of
Bonn, which installed two additional stops (Hautbois 8' and
Flûte Harmonique 8')