19, rue des Abbesses, 75018 Paris
1852 - Cavaillé-Coll
1910 - Mutin
1921/31/34 - Gutschenritter
1979 - Barbéris
2009 - Fossaert
photos: Jeroen de Haan & Vincent Hildebrandt
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
The organ of Saint-Jean-de-Montmartre was built by
Cavaillé-Coll in 1852 for the Sacred Heart of the
Ferrandière School in Lyon. It was then transferred and
reassembled in St. John's Church in 1910 by Mutin.
In 1934, Gutschenritter added a pneumatic machine to
improve the touch of the first keyboard, so that there
would be no effort to play the combined keyboards.
In 1931, the same builder added 3 new stops to the Swell:
Quintaton 16', Nasard 2' 2/3 and Tierce 1' 3/5.
In 1934, Gutschenritter intervened again to add a Barker
machine to the Grand Organ. In 1979, Barbéris worked on
Finally, in 2009, the organ was fully restored by Yves
Masses with organ
Saturday 6:30 PM, Sunday 10:30 AM