The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z

Saint Joseph artisan

214, rue Lafayette, 75010 Paris 1966 - Gonzalez*

1979 - Cicchero

2016 - Dargassies**

II/26 (19) - electrical traction -

stoplist

* using parts of a former organ (Van Bever, 1867??) ** replacement of the bellows and the discant of the Montre 8 GO Photo: Jeroen de Haan
St. Joseph-Artisan Church is located on the site of an old chapel built in 1850 by a Jesuit mission to bring German-speaking immigrant workers spiritual support and support for integration into French society. It was replaced in 1865 by a church built with mainly German and Austrian donations. In 1925, the church was transferred to a congregation of priests close to the world of work, and thus it became a parish under the name "St. Joseph Artisan". With the exception of the stained glass windows of the choir and the aisles, the interior is illuminated by large windows made of stained glass with fairly clear geometric patterns that ensure a beautiful luminosity in the nave. There are also frescoes painted on marbled canvases above the broken lateral arches depicting scenes from the Gospel, beautiful wooden statues (St Joseph and St. Rita) and, in the aisles, magnificent abstract stained glass windows, very colorful, by the Dominican Father Kim En Joong, a Korean painter known internationally for his paintings and stained glass windows. (texte français: Thierry Correard)
Organiste titulaire Éric Humbertclaude Concerts Sometimes

Messes avec orgue

Saturday 6 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. Videos Éric Humbertclaude (à venir)
The original organ was installed in 1867 (Van Bever??). This organ, of which little is known, contained ancient material, including wooden pipes from the 8' Bourdon of the Grand-Orgue dating back to the 18th century. In the years 1963-1965, the organ was completely rebuilt and transformed into a neo-classical style by Danion- Gonzalez. The traction of keyboards and stops became electropneumatic. The composition of the instrument was completely revised with a decomposed Cornet and a Cromorne, at the Grand-Orgue a Doublette and a Cornet V. The 16' Bourdon and the 16' Bombarde of the GO were split and extended on a Unit box spring to be played on the pedal in 16', 8' and 4'. Moreover, it seems that the original instrument had no independent pedal or no pedal at all. The original Swell, once located in the upper part of the buffet, then descended to fit into an expressive box with its additional stops, behind the Great. However, the upper part of the buffet, although emptied of its wind chest, has not been removed and retains some silent front pipes in order to preserve the original appearance of the buffet. (texte français: Thierry Correard)
The organs of Paris

Saint Joseph

artisan

214, rue Lafayette, 75010 Paris 1966 - Gonzalez*

1979 - Cicchero

2016 - Dargassies**

II/26 (19) - electrical traction -

stoplist

* using parts of a former organ (Van Bever, 1867??) ** replacement of the bellows and the discant of the Montre 8 GO Photo: Jeroen de Haan
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z
St. Joseph-Artisan Church is located on the site of an old chapel built in 1850 by a Jesuit mission to bring German-speaking immigrant workers spiritual support and support for integration into French society. It was replaced in 1865 by a church built with mainly German and Austrian donations. In 1925, the church was transferred to a congregation of priests close to the world of work, and thus it became a parish under the name "St. Joseph Artisan". With the exception of the stained glass windows of the choir and the aisles, the interior is illuminated by large windows made of stained glass with fairly clear geometric patterns that ensure a beautiful luminosity in the nave. There are also frescoes painted on marbled canvases above the broken lateral arches depicting scenes from the Gospel, beautiful wooden statues (St Joseph and St. Rita) and, in the aisles, magnificent abstract stained glass windows, very colorful, by the Dominican Father Kim En Joong, a Korean painter known internationally for his paintings and stained glass windows. (texte français: Thierry Correard)
Organiste titulaire Éric Humbertclaude Concerts Sometimes

Messes avec orgue

Saturday 6 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. Videos Éric Humbertclaude (à venir)
The original organ was installed in 1867 (Van Bever??). This organ, of which little is known, contained ancient material, including wooden pipes from the 8' Bourdon of the Grand- Orgue dating back to the 18th century. In the years 1963- 1965, the organ was completely rebuilt and transformed into a neo-classical style by Danion-Gonzalez. The traction of keyboards and stops became electropneumatic. The composition of the instrument was completely revised with a decomposed Cornet and a Cromorne, at the Grand-Orgue a Doublette and a Cornet V. The 16' Bourdon and the 16' Bombarde of the GO were split and extended on a Unit box spring to be played on the pedal in 16', 8' and 4'. Moreover, it seems that the original instrument had no independent pedal or no pedal at all. The original Swell, once located in the upper part of the buffet, then descended to fit into an expressive box with its additional stops, behind the Great. However, the upper part of the buffet, although emptied of its wind chest, has not been removed and retains some silent front pipes in order to preserve the original appearance of the buffet. (texte français: Thierry Correard)