The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2021 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME ALL ORGANS

Saint Joseph

des épinettes

40, rue Pouchet, 75017 Paris

18xx - Cavaillé-Coll

1904 - Mutin

1944 - Gloton-Debierre

1965 - Muller

1984 - Philippe Guilmard

2006-14 - Pels d’Hondt

III/20 - mechanical traction Grand-orgue (56 notes) Montre 8 - Bourdon 8 - Prestant 4 - Doublette 2 - Mixtur III - Cornet IV - Trompette 8 en chamade Positif (56 notes) Montre 8 - Bourdon 8 - Prestant 4 - Flûte 4 - Flageolet 2 - Cymbale IV - Cormorne 8 Récit (56 notes) Bourdon16 - Principal 8 - Viole de Gambe 8 - Voix Céleste 8 Pédalier (30 notes) Soubasse 16 - Bombarde 16 Zimbelstern
St-Joseph-des-Épinettes dates from 1909, built with reinforced concrete in a byzantine-like styleby the architect Louis Thomas The bloody shirt of the young Hippolyte Debroise murdered by anarchists during the fête-Dieu procession in Dugny in 1907 was deposited in the foundations of the church during its construction. It was consecrated by Monsignor Amette, Archbishop of Paris, on May 26, 1910.
The organ was orginally built by Cavaillé-Coll as a private chamber-organ and was donated to St-Joseph-des- Épinettes in 1914. It was installed by Charles Mutin, who used elements (including some high quality sculptures) of the facade of the choirorgan of St-Louis-en-l'Ile, built in the early years of the 18th century (1710-1720). The instrument was drastically modified by the local organist (Philippe Guimard) in 1985 towards a French classical style. He placed a purely decorative facade in front of the old chamber-organ, in the style of the old organ. In 2006-2014, the organ has been rebuilt by the Flemisch organbuilder Gérard Pels d'Hondt, using the old case and parts of the old pipework.
Organiste titulaire Christine Stephanus Concerts -

Masses with organ

Saturday 6.30 p.m. Sunday 10.30 a.m. Videos -
The organs of Paris

Saint Joseph

des épinettes

40, rue Pouchet, 75017 Paris

18xx - Cavaillé-Coll

1904 - Mutin

1944 - Gloton-Debierre

1965 - Muller

1984 - Philippe Guilmard

2006-14 - Pels d’Hondt

III/20 - mechanical traction Grand-orgue (56 notes) Montre 8 - Bourdon 8 - Prestant 4 - Doublette 2 - Mixtur III - Cornet IV - Trompette 8 en chamade Positif (56 notes) Montre 8 - Bourdon 8 - Prestant 4 - Flûte 4 - Flageolet 2 - Cymbale IV - Cormorne 8 Récit (56 notes) Bourdon16 - Principal 8 - Viole de Gambe 8 - Voix Céleste 8 Pédalier (30 notes) Soubasse 16 - Bombarde 16 Zimbelstern
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
The organ was orginally built by Cavaillé-Coll as a private chamber-organ and was donated to St-Joseph-des- Épinettes in 1914. It was installed by Charles Mutin, who used elements (including some high quality sculptures) of the facade of the choirorgan of St-Louis-en-l'Ile, built in the early years of the 18th century (1710-1720). The instrument was drastically modified by the local organist (Philippe Guimard) in 1985 towards a French classical style. He placed a purely decorative facade in front of the old chamber-organ, in the style of the old organ. In 2006-2014, the organ has been rebuilt by the Flemisch organbuilder Gérard Pels d'Hondt, using the old case and parts of the old pipework.
Organiste titulaire Christine Stephanus Concerts -

Masses with organ

Saturday 6.30 p.m. Sunday 10.30 a.m. Videos -