ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
In 1856, a first church dedicated to Saint Éloi was
erected in the Reuilly district. A second church, with
a wooden ceiling, succeeded it in 1880. It was to be
provisional but lasted until the construction of the
current church, consecrated in 1968. The architect
Marc Leboucher uses metal as a symbol of Saint
Éloi, patron saint of goldsmiths and metallurgists.
The instrument was built between 1967 and 1970 by
Kurt Schwenkedel of Strasbourg-Koenigshoffen. The
latter reused much of the sound material of the
previous instrument that had been built by Mutin in
1910, for the old church (re-harmonized by the
Following the great heat wave of the summer of
2003, the organ was restored by Swidersky.