The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2023 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME ALL ORGANS

Saint Denys du Saint

Sacrement

68 bis, rue de Turenne, 75003 Paris

Orgue de tribune OdC >

In the heart of the Marais district, in the seventeenth century many sumptuous hotels were built including the Hotel de Turenne, at the corner of rue Saint-Claude and rue Neuve-Saint-Louis (now rue de Turenne). In 1684 the second monastery of the Benedictines of the Blessed Sacrament moved into this hotel, which was destroyed during the French Revolution. Saint Denys du Saint Sacrement was erected on the site of the former chapel of the convent and built by Étienne-Hippolyte Godde in a neoclassical style between 1826 and 1835.
E4 The main organ (1839) was one of the first built by the Daublaine Callinet House under the artistic direction of Félix Danjou and can be considered as a typical ‘transitional’ instrument, still classical, but with some new features (gamba’s, dulcian, clarinet, free reeds). The organ had originally 31 stops spread over 3 keyboards and pedal. The organ was reconstructed in 1867 by Cavaillé-Coll. In 1970, Gutschenritter made the traction electric, extended the size of the keyboard (from 54 to 56 notes) and the pedal (from 25 to 30 notes) and added a Plein Jeu V (GO) and a Cymbale II (Positif). In 1984 Jacques Barbéris revoiced the Mixtures and the Cromorne. The latest restoration was done by Dargassies in 2008. He extended the Cymbale from II to III ranks.
Organiste titulaire Thierry Adhumeau Titulaire adjoint: Emmanuel Hocde Concerts Seldomly Masses with organ Saturday 6h30PM, Sunday 9h30AM, 11AM Vidéo Emmanuel Hocde
1839 - Daublaine-Callinet (1) 1867 - Cavaillé-Coll (3a) 1970 - Gutschenritter (3a) 1984 - Barbéris (3a) 2008 - Dargassies (6)

III/38 - traction électrique

composition

Photo : Gaspard de La Motte (facebook)
The organs of Paris

Saint Denys du

Saint Sacrement

68 bis, rue de Turenne, 75003 Paris

Orgue de tribune OdC >

ORGANS OF PARIS © 2023 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
Organiste titulaire Thierry Adhumeau Titulaire adjoint: Emmanuel Hocde Concerts Seldomly Masses with organ Saturday 6h30PM, Sunday 9h30AM, 11AM Vidéo Emmanuel Hocde
1839 - Daublaine-Callinet (1) 1867 - Cavaillé-Coll (3a) 1970 - Gutschenritter (3a) 1984 - Barbéris (3a) 2008 - Dargassies (6)

III/38 - traction électrique

composition

E4 The main organ (1839) was one of the first built by the Daublaine Callinet House under the artistic direction of Félix Danjou and can be considered as a typical ‘transitional’ instrument, still classical, but with some new features (gamba’s, dulcian, clarinet, free reeds). The organ had originally 31 stops spread over 3 keyboards and pedal. The organ was reconstructed in 1867 by Cavaillé-Coll. In 1970, Gutschenritter made the traction electric, extended the size of the keyboard (from 54 to 56 notes) and the pedal (from 25 to 30 notes) and added a Plein Jeu V (GO) and a Cymbale II (Positif). In 1984 Jacques Barbéris revoiced the Mixtures and the Cromorne. The latest restoration was done by Dargassies in 2008. He extended the Cymbale from II to III ranks.
Photo : Gaspard de La Motte (facebook)