In the 1920s, the Saint-Cloud Gate district was
expanding rapidly. A new church was then deemed
necessary. Luckily, before entering the convent of the
Order of The Visitation, founded by François de Sales
and Jeanne de Chantal, a Local Parisian made an
important donation to help with its construction. She
then asked that the church be dedicated to Saint Joan
of Chantal. The architect Julien Barbier (1869-1939)
was responsible for his elevation. The Byzantine-style
building was not completed until 1962. The church has
a concrete structure. The rubbing walls are covered
with 'reconstructed stones'. The interior, very large,
displays an elegant sobriety that allows to highlight
the contemporary furniture of Jean Touret.
Masses with organ
Saturday at 6:30 p.m., Sunday at 9 a.m.,
10:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. (extraordinary form).
The original instrument was made by Victor
Gonzalez in 1939. The buffet (covered with
varnished zinc sheets) was made by the sculptor
Jean Touret, author of the altar "face the people"
of ND of Paris, which unfortunately disappeared
during the fire. Slightly damaged during World
WarII, it was restored and re-harmonized by
Gonzalez in 1952.
In 1977, it was completely rebuilt by Alfred Kern
of Strasbourg. The latter added 11 stops and
achieved harmony based on the harmony
performed at St Séverin. It was inaugurated by
Michel Chapuis on March 24, 1977.
Originally, the instrument was on a small
platform in the choir (now Chapel of the
Recording by Michel Chapuis