In 1859, the parish priest of the Madeleine
Church, Father Le Rebours, created a mission
and had a chapel built by the Lazarists, a
congregation founded by St. Vincent de Paul.
Father Le Rebours is a former secretary to
Sister Rosalie Rendu (died 1856). The chapel
was dedicated to Saint Rosalie, a 3rd century
martyr and patron saint of Sicily.However the
work by Baron Hausmann, which upset the
capital, also affected the district. Sister-Rosalie
Avenue was pierced and the chapel destroyed.
It was replaced in 1867 - with expropriation
allowances - by a building built in neo-Gothic
style on the plans of the architect H. Marchand.
In 1963, the church was erected as a parish. In
1971, the Lazarists left the site. Saint-Rosalie is
a church with sober decoration. However, it
neo-Gothic capitals (enriched with a carved
cornice) and a splendid stained glass window
by Édouard-Amédée Didron (1836-1902) in the
The instrument was built by Mutin-Cavaillé-Coll in 1900.
He was blessed in 1902. Its wind suplly remained totally
authentic throughout the 20th century and was fully
restored by François Delangue in 2012. In 2019, the
instrument was restored by François Delangue.
Masses with organ
Saturday at 6:30 p.m., Sunday at 11 a.m.