The new church of Saint-Honoré-d'Eylau was built
in 1896. The building was first used as a
catechism chapel. In 1974, the chapel became a
parish church and received its current name.
The architect Paul Marbeau (1843-1907),
influenced by the 1889 World's Fair, used an iron
metal structure. This allowed it to combine the
speed of construction, its solidity, low cost and
space. He chose to leave this structure visible.
The style of the building joins the neo-Gothic
(especially by the presence of white butt arches
clearly visible under the vault). The façade is
inspired by the roman style.
Saint-Honoré-d'Eylau is characterized by its
architectural lightness and its space that the eye
can embrace with a single glance (thanks to thin
metal pillars that do not break the view).
Quite poor in ornamentation, the church
nevertheless has a very rich collection of Art Deco
After Vatican Council II, the architect André le
Donné made changes to it, notably at the level of
the choir and a recent restoration gives it an
elegance very conducive to contemplation.
Famous organists in the past: Georges Ibos, Félix
Masses with organ
Saturday 6:h30 PM, Sunday 11 AM and 6:30 PM
Photos of the organ : Vincent Hildebrandt
This instrument was built by Charles Mutin in 1903.
At the time, it consisted of 15 stops spread over 2
In 1930, it was enlarged by Joseph Beuchet, successor
of the Maison Cavaillé, who endowed the organ with
a third keyboard of Positive Expressive and a
complete Pedal with a 32'. The sound palette was
extended to 39 stops.
Overhauls in 1999 and 2014 by Dargassies.